Thursday, April 7, 2011

Middle class workin' gal

You're probably all thinking two things right about now: "She's only seventeen... wtf?" and/or, "WHY HASN'T SHE POSTED ANYTHING RECENTLY, WTF?"


I happen to have an answer to both of those questions. Yes, they are excuses, but I don't really care.
Okay, I know that I am only seventeen and should be a mindless weirdo that doesn't have to worry about money, but that's not the way it's going down. Ethan and I have a plan to move in together around this time next year (probably sooner), and so I need to start saving up now so that by the time we get to that point, I will be ready. And I just like knowing that if something ever happened to my parents, I'd be able to support myself. I'm liking the optimism... It's such a natural thing for me. 
Sarcasm is, too.


And, secondly, I have been pretty darn busy. By the time I get home I either have homework or I am ready to hit the hay. I wish I had posted something to inform you all but I don't like making small posts. It's all or nothing I suppose.


Highlights of these past few... however long it's been since my last post:

  • I got hired at Sonic! My first day was Tuesday the 5th. Today was my second day.
  • I dyed my hair black! I wanted to do the before and after stuff, but it didn't work out, and I apologize. But it looks awesome. Just take my word for it.


Wow, looking at that insanely long list, I realize how exciting my life is. Maybe that's why I haven't posted shit lately.

I already shared this on Facebook the other night but I would like to share it on here as well:
I was preparing for a history test (that I took today) on Wednesday in graphic design. Part of our tests is a written answer, kind of like an essay -but not long and pointless and stupid, and suicidal thought-inducing. Anyway, one of the questions was how did Cold War events shape the decisions of the Kennedy 
Administration? Joey and I were a little stuck on how exactly to answer this question.
Suddenly, I was able to form an answer. Something along the lines of this: "Kennedy himself wanted peace but when it came to the Cold War he had to do shit that wasn't peaceful because he had to show the Soviet Union that he wasn't a pussy." I don't know why, but I felt, and still feel, very proud of this answer. I felt very intelligent and I spoke with more conviction than normal (normally, I speak with close to no conviction).

And, of course, I've been driving so much. I love it. I love being in the my car. Today I took Mustard with me to Wendy's when I had gotten off work and I was getting food for my parents and I. He's the best car dog in the world, it's crazy. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment