Sunday, March 27, 2011

[Insert title here]

I never know what to title these things. Today was a good day, with only a few hours of boredom.

I went to bed around 4am due to Chelsea Handler. I finished reading her book! And let me just say, it was totally worth the lack of sleep. I loved it.
Ethan took me out to breakfast at 9am (both of us running on four hours of sleep). We went to Kerbey Lane and had some delicious pancakes. I didn't eat at all yesterday so it was good that we went to a place with big portions. We had a super awkward waiter that we have had once before, and I think that he lacks personality all around. Ethan agreed, so it's not just me.
After we ate, Ethan took me home and I immediately went back to sleep. I think I woke up around 1pm and didn't get out of bed until almost 2pm. I kept trying to make myself go back to sleep but it wasn't working. I watched Law & Order: SVU for a few hours until Reese, Ethan's brother (also known as my brother-in-law), came and picked me up from my house so we could go to their mom's house to celebrate Reese's birthday. Ethan had a meeting with his band manager, who I am not fond of, so he was late.
We had a pretty good time, and his mom makes amazing food. Which is always a plus.

I'm feeling really sappy right now, so I'd just like to say that after two years, I still like Ethan. And I like that I still like him. There's a huge difference between like and love, although I do love him very much.

I got to thinking earlier about a few things; I hated wasted potential and people thinking that they're below average, or just failures. But life seems to have a cycle: the people that are driven or really smart or inventive take on high-paying jobs, or become famous, or whatever. I started wondering after I went to the Social Security office the other day, "So what about the people that work mediocre jobs? Do they want to work there?" I'm always very curious about how anyone and everyone got to where they are, but especially people like that. I could go on and on about wasted potential, and all the what if  scenarios I have contemplated. But I realized something: that's just how it is. People that fall short for whatever reason fill in the jobs that other people don't want because one way or another, they have to be filled. There's always going to be somebody with that occupation. And I think it's amazing that these people are looked down upon. Yes, you usually have a bad experience at the DPS due to the lack of social skills that some people show, but they are actually doing things that are basic, yet essential, to all Americans.
Again, I don't know why things like this are important to me. I think it's just how I react to my realizations of the world's unspoken rules. These are hard things to learn. Even harder to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment