Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dolly

Today was a good day.
School itself was boring, of course. But I had a great time after school.
I was reunited with a good friend of mine, Mia, who had been in Arizona attending ASU. Let's just say, she was gone for too long for my little heart to bare. She's the definition of cool. I love this chick, and I love that she's back in Austin. She's one of those chicks that everyone likes.
Ethan and I met up with Mia and Jonny at Ethan's house and they followed us to Ian's house so that they could have band practice. However, when we got to Ian's house, he was not there yet. So where did go? Starbucks! Everyone loves Starbucks. After we had ordered, the man in line after us actually thought that he could get free coffee because he had his own cup. I felt kind of bad, but come on. Coffee isn't free. Nothing is free anymore... EXCEPT FOR LOVE <3 :) :) :)
...kidding, I'm not choosing today to be a total weirdo. And that statement is somewhat false anyways. Do you know how much money Ethan has spent on me? No, you don't, because I don't even know.
We went back to Ian's house when he called and told us that he was finally there. Their lead singer, Eddie, however, was not going to be there for another hour. So what did we do? We made a fire! Literally; we walked down to the canyon behind Ian's house and made a fire for some s'mores. This was actually the second time we have done this and the fire we made last time was still visible (it was like two weeks ago so I don't know why it wouldn't have been). I'd just like to take this time to point out that my significant other is a total pyro -I feel like at some point in my life, this could be a bad thing.
So we had our little fire and almost everyone had s'mores (I did not because I'm a loser) and then we eventually went back to Ian's. We started watching this SyFy movie that I can't remember the name of. It was about this dude that's really weird and he owns this like native american museum that has dinosaur skeletons in it and he does this weird ritual and brings them to life. It's literally just the bones, so when they started eating people we were literally just sitting there going 'THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!' Who makes SyFy movies? I want to know. They're so far from reality that it's not even cool, there's thousands of holes in their fictional logic. Unbelievable, truly. I was disappointed about not finishing it though, I was curious.
Eddie finally got to Ian's house and we all messed around like idiots until Mia and I decided that we were hungry enough to do something about it. So we went and got pizza. Yum, yum, yum. When we got back the band was actually practicing, but they immediately stopped when we walked in with the pizza. We devoured that thing.
Eventually band practice ended and Ethan took me home. It was really fun and I was in a good mood, and then I had to start homework. Specifically history homework, which is extra lame because we're starting the Cold War. Which I HATE. I love learning about World War 2 and the Holocaust, but I really really really dislike the Cold War. It's so boring.

Anyways, I would like to share something special about today that I feel bad for not realizing until later on in the day: Today is my mom's birthday. My mom passed away from breast cancer when I was five years-old. She would have been fifty-four today, and she would only look about forty. I titled this 'Dolly' because that's my mom's nickname (which she hated), and her real name was Dolores (which she also hated). I can't really describe my feelings about all of this... I could go on for days talking about how angry I am that I only get to hear about how awesome she was but not getting to find out for myself, and about how if she hadn't passed I wouldn't be the person that I am today. It's really hard to see my friends treat their moms like shit, it breaks my heart. If there is any piece of advice that I can give, it is to never take your mother for granted -especially if she is good to you.
Happy birthday, Mom. I miss you a lot. You are the only reason that I would like to believe that there is a heaven.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite part: the last paragraph! and thanks for the advice, i'll try to not take my mom for granted! :)

    ReplyDelete