Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mars, anyone?

So I can imagine that the people that viewed my last post became extremely depressed. You shouldn't, though, so I do not apologize. My intention is never to make someone feel bad when I share something like that. Unless they deserve it, which does happen... A lot, actually. It's kind of ridiculous. But it is something that has happened less and less as I've tried to surround myself with more mature people over the past couple years. It hurts when it's a good friend that I have to break it to; Like, 'Oh hey, yeah... about that. My mom died of breast cancer.' And then I see it. That huge look of regret in their eyes, not knowing if we can continue to be friends for a split second, and the overall shame from the realization that saying 'Your mom' can actually offend someone on a deeply personal level. Have any of you ever watched the show 'Yo Momma'? It's literally an entire show dedicated to people having mom joke competitions. I was watching it one day with an old friend of mine and I said something about hating mom jokes and my friend said to me, 'They didn't make them to hurt your feelings.' And I honestly did not know what to say to that. Yes, I know that the creator of mom jokes was not out to get me or something, but just the thought of making a joke out of the strongest women in the world kind of offends me... in huge amounts. So thanks, but no thanks. Earth is a frustrating place. Let's go to Mars instead.


Anyways, today was a good day! A friend of mine came over after school and  we literally just sat and talked in my room for like almost two hours. See, that's something that is of more interest to me than going out and doing something. I don't need to do much to be happy, just gimme someone as chill as I am to talk to, and I'm good. It's pretty simple. I save the complicated shit for Ethan <3

Speaking of which, Ethan is FINALLY taking me out tomorrow night for a very late Valentine's Day dinner. I am so excited! I love going out with him. Always. I love planning what I'm going to wear, I love figuring out what to do with my make up (mostly eye make up), I love trying to think of something within my capabilities to do with my hair, I love putting on the outfit that I pick out. Hell, I even love getting that 'I'm on my way' text from him. Everything about our dates makes me happy. I cherish them. Not everyone is as lucky as I am, and being as pessimistic as I am, I try not to waste it because anything can end in a flash. There's thousands of things that I'm talking about here, and breaking up is probably the last thing on my list. Even though it is the one realistic thing on my list. Again, my mind and I make horrible friends. But, till death do us part. Unless I develop a mental disorder.
In this case, not for me.

I would just like to put it out there that I Googled 'mind body connection' to find a picture for this post, and one of the results was a completely topless chick. I don't see that particular connection. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. "unless I develop a mental disorder."
    haha you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you know that i'm your friend and i'm not completely mature or perfect in any way so anything i do or say PLEASE do not take to heart because i really don't mean to hurt anyone especially you, you're a very good friend of mine :)

    ReplyDelete