Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 1

This is my first blog. Ever.
When I still thought myspace was amazing, I 'blogged' random stuff that I didn't actually write. For example, I took a list of phobias from some website and highlighted the ones that applied to me. Looking back I now realize that I do not actually have any phobias; there is not one single thing that is scary enough to make me have panic attacks and start shaking like a puppy. And I also realize that it was not a blog at all. Silly me.

So I guess I'll bore you with my day now:

My morning was the same as others. My alarm periodically went off starting at 7:15am and ending at 8:00am. I, of course, did not actually get out of bed until 8:30 -when I got a call from my boyfriend confirming that no, he wasn't going to school today -due to his lack of sleep from ridiculous work hours- and that yes, he could still give me a ride (my parents either leave really early or much later and I don't get my license until next month). I quickly got ready, only taking about five minutes. I've recently broken up with make-up so it takes me a lot less time to get ready nowadays.
School itself was okay. I'm trying to complain about it less. In my first class, math modeling, we launched rockets -colored paper wrapped around a film canister- using alka-seltzer and water. To me, it was a huge waste of time -which is a blessing when you're in school- but to most of the people in my class it was this ridiculous competition because, for some reason, our teacher told us that if we got our rockets to go above the height of our portable we would be given an extra 100 for a quiz grade. I was fine with my 2-feet-flying rocket. It didn't phase me.
In my second and third classes, speech and health, I started new projects. My project in speech is a really cool idea, I'm not gonna lie, but I like everybody in my group except for one person. Do you know how annoying that is? Ugh. In health I started a project with my bestest guy friend, Minh. It's a project about the digestive system... Which honestly sparks no interest to me, but health is definitely the easiest class I've ever been in. I'd have to go out my way to fail it. Which would just be really douchey of me, or anyone, to do so.
During lunch, in the middle of health (known as B lunch at my school), I sat with my only friends from health: Minh and Marion -the cutest little French girl out there! Some of you may find it sad that out of an entire class I only have two friends, but that's just me. I don't like big groups and I hate pretending to like people just because everyone else 'likes' them. Even though I have not eaten lunch at my school since my freshman year (I'm a junior now), I thoroughly enjoy eating with Minh and Marion. I am able to express myself without being looked at like I have a giant booger coming out of my nose. I feel like there is a good balance among us. Anyways, my school recently opened up a Java City, a knockoff version of Starbucks, but with the same pricing. I find myself very much in love with their caramel macchiatos, which I ordered today, along with a sandwich. That sandwich is the reason I don't eat at school. I thought it would have been fine because I had tried this particular sandwich about a week ago and liked it enough to not complain... No, no, today, it was horrible. The sandwich consisted of cheese, turkey, lettuce, tomatoes (which I merrily took out and confined to solitude -meaning I just put them to the side), and chipotle sauce. I'm okay with things that are mildly spicy, I'm a Texan. However, the people who made this sandwich must have had something stuck up where the sun don't shine, because they took out their anger on the sandwich. With the chipotle sauce. Needless to say, I threw the second half of it away. How I managed to eat the first half? I do not know.
Thankfully today was a white day, meaning that I had blocks 5th-8th today (tomorrow will be an orange day: blocks 1st-4th), and I have 8th block off. Ethan, my beau, came and picked me up from school after a long day of sleeping and unfortunately, he had to drop me off at home because he had work. So there I was; at home with no homework and nothing fun to do.
So what did I do? My health project! I wish I was kidding. I should have lied and said that I went to a crazy party or something. Which wouldn't make any sense since it was about 3pm, and I'm just not a party-goer.
After I finished the project , which hardly took me anytime because I am a P.P.M. (Power Point Master), I had nothing to do again. I'll be up-front with you about this now, 'nothing to do' is a part of my daily life. You will read it frequently. You will get to the point of reading these and thinking 'I bet she had nothing to do after that, huh? God, she's so boring. -unfollow-'
After drowning myself in Facebook for however long, I ended up asking a friend of mine if she wanted to go to the gym with me. I honestly don't care to elaborate my experiences at the gym... I go workout and then I leave. Only every-now-and-then something at the gym will be blog worthy. Although I would like to announce that my curse of seeing the same old lady naked in the locker room was broken today. I was very happy about that.
When I got home from the gym, our family dog, Mustard, greeted me at the door since nobody else was home. The front door becomes his bestfriend when he's waiting for somebody to come home. I greeted him back and asked if he had been fed (this dog knows English, I swear), which caused him to get very excited. Before doing anything, I texted my stepmom to make sure he had not been fed already (he's on a very strict diet), and I let him go in the front yard to pee. He is about ten years-old now, so when he pees he doesn't actually lift his leg anymore. And it also takes him at least one full minute. I wanna say his record is close to five minutes. After that, I walked to the kitchen to find that he had gone through the trash. After working out and needing to feed myself, the last thing I wanted was to clean up a bunch of trash across my kitchen floor. Before doing so I made sure to tell him 'Bad dog!', and as his punishment he was only given his meds tonight, and no food. I do feel bad about that, but at the time of deciding this it felt so right, and very justified. That poor dog.
When my stepmom got home I discovered that the entire time I was at the gym, she was under the impression that I was at Jim's -an amazing restaurant where a good breakfast hardly costs four bucks! ~personal favorite~
Between then and now I have showered and drowned myself in more Facebook. Exciting.
I hope that you haven't thought about sending me hate mail from boredom.

To anyone out there who enjoyed it: I will try to blog as often as I can. Which will probably be on the weekdays mostly. My life is only lived on the weekends, in all honesty.


Thanks for reading my first blog, it'll get better. Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. i swear people just go willy nilly in the 24 hour locker rooms. i mean really, be a little conscientious please, you guys. especially the old ladies.

    i wish i had the guts to make a blog. cool!
    -mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha seriously, it's a little much. I think the old ladies should only be allowed to change in the stalls.

    thank you :) it means a lot that you're following me!

    ReplyDelete