Thursday, February 17, 2011

I have an announcement? What?

Today... was not that great. I found myself in small bursts of a good mood but easily annoyed.

My dad took me to school today because Ethan went super early for tutoring. I think this may be the source of my agitated mood. Putting me (not a morning person) in the truck with my dad (huge morning person) wasn't a good idea. He himself was okay because his energy had not yet peaked, but his driving was making me so tense. It's so interesting how much more noticeable someone's driving is when you start doing it yourself. And in this case, it's almost become unhealthy for me to be in the car with him behind the wheel. I put so much extra stress and worry on myself for the tiniest things, so when he's driving it turns into a shite ton of extra stress and worry. But hey, I made it to school alive. That's what counts, right? I hope so.
Math was boring; quiz, notes, homework. Same deal everyday. We never mix it up. But it is the only class that I'm allowed to use my ipod in, so I was able to feed my Say Anything obsession for a little bit. Which was nice because they're like crack to me.
Speech was okay, but my teacher seems to think that she's really funny when she says something that is not an actual joke, it's an actual statement. Right now we're working in groups on a big project and the facilitator of my group was absent. I was fully aware that she was absent because 1. she wasn't in math (which we also have together), and 2. because she wasn't in speech. My speech teacher must not have thought that I could put two and two together and realize, 'Oh, Alex is not here today.' How insulting. So when I went up to her desk this is what she says: 'There's a problem.' -starting to smile as if she's about to blow my mind- 'Alex is not here today.'
.............
THANK YOU I HAD NO IDEA

Moving on:
Health was kinda boring. I mentioned that I finished Minh and I's project on Tuesday, so there was really nothing to do throughout the whole block.
Lunch was great, though; I finished my math homework (easiest thing ever done) and Minh, being the amazing friend that he is, bought me an apple cinnamon muffin and a caramel macchiato because I had no money. There are selfless people still out there guys! But don't be fooled, I am a victim here: he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer when he asked me if I wanted him to get me something. He's evil, I tell you.
Any-who, there was this random chick (who we later found out is named Megan) that walked past our table. Minh did this awkward noise thing to let the rest of us know that he thought she was really hot. Some stuff happened and eventually led up to me yelling to her as she walked away from our table, 'HE THINKS YOU'RE HOT!'
And that, my fellow viewers, is how good of a friend I am. You buy me lunch, I embarrass you in front of a hot chick. And the fifty million other kids in the cafetorium. I did end up apologizing, though. I do have a soul.

I'm just going to sum up what happened after health so that I can skip to what I want to announce:
-Ethan picked me up.
-Ethan, Jonny (member of Ethan's band and good friend), and I went to the mall so that Ethan could buy new gauges.
-We (Ethan) dropped Jonny off.
-Went to my house to do some last-minute cramming.
-Went back to school (horrible, I know) and finished our chemistry test.
-Ethan dropped me off at home.
-Faceboooooooook
-I finally registered for the SAT.

Soon after all of that my stepmom let me know that my drive time (I'll explain in a second) was moved from tomorrow to today, thankfully an hour before I had to be there.
Explanation/Summary:
I did the classroom part of driver's ed in September and once you finish that you have to do the driving part, not only at home but with the school. The school requires you to complete 7 drives....
Today was my seventh! Yay me! In all honestly, I was so happy. I never thought this day would come.
I had had the same instructor from my third drive all the way to my sixth drive, and only on my last drive I had a new instructor whom was totally awesome, funny, and looked somewhat like Ryan Reynolds -just not nearly as attractive because that is virtually impossible... I love you, Ethan! The instructor before this one was super religious, which wasn't a good match for me. I don't want to offend anybody, I promise that's never my purpose, but I am not religious at all. My parents have never forced any type of religious practice on me, I don't go to church (sue me), and I just don't put strong beliefs into things that have not been proven. I'll respect the religions of people that matter to me but I do not agree with it, and I have definitely cracked jokes about it from time to time. Not gonna lie -I wasn't raised to be a liar. And no, I do not walk around telling everybody that I am an Athiest -I know that I am not. Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

I'm honestly surprised that the other student driver didn't kill us. But that would have been very upsetting considering it was the night that I was declared done with driver's ed forever. Needless to say, our instructor was being completely fair each time (and there were many times) that he used the emergency brake. I feel like I should be celebrating my survival/achievement right now.
So if you didn't pick up on my announcement, that was it. Completing driver's ed.



I know I'm lame, it don't phase me.

No comments:

Post a Comment