Saturday, February 19, 2011

Great Night

Yesterday, my friends, was a good day. More specifically, last night.

Summary of my school day:

  • Slept in.
  • Got to school late, but not too late thankfully.
  • History test. Easy as hell.
  • 2nd block was sooo boring. Literally half of the class was gone, eight of out sixteen kids.
  • Very uneducated sub in chemistry, but we learned really easy stuff (stoichiometry II).
  • Lunch at Fazoli's with Ethan. Extremely delicious.
  • English test. Again, really easy, considering I'm awesome in that class.


When I went home I, of course, fed my Facebook addiction for a little bit, and then I started getting ready to go see Ethan's band, Post Society, play a show at Red 7. When I was getting ready my stepmom came home from picking up her cousin at the airport. SHE IS AWESOME. I spent roughly twenty minutes with her and I already like her. Which is good because my parents worked their asses off getting our guest room ready for her. And my stepmom was pretty much bouncing off the walls this past week in anticipation.
I was feeling pretty good so I decided to get a little out of my wardrobe comfort zone; I wore a skirt. That's right folks, a skirt. Crazy, I know. It's what I do.
Ethan picked me up ten minutes before he was supposed to be downtown (the drive takes thirty) and then we picked up my friend, Bri, and we were on our way to sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and later on walking through a scary alley behind Red 7 to drop off his equipment. I honestly feel like I'm going to be killed in plain site whenever I'm downtown, even during the day. There was this recent time that I was there and I was actually trying to imagine what it would feel like to be stabbed, just so that I would be prepared for it. How morbid is that? I need a day away from my mind.
We got to Red 7 sometime between seven and eight, and they weren't even playing until nine. So we were all kind of left with nothing to do, because once you're inside the bar you can't leave. Which was especially lame because I was hungry like a hippo.
I had a great encounter with this girl that I had never even seen before last night. Can you say bitch? Thankfully the entire thing was nonverbal, but man oh man. I have never received such negative vibes from one person in such a small amount of time -usually it builds up over time, you know?
First, she stepped on my shoe. And didn't say sorry, she didn't even acknowledge my being.
Second, right after stepping on me, she basically threw her bag -which I am convinced had bricks in it- in between where Jonny and I were sitting.
Third, later on, she came back to get something from her bag and -no exaggeration- slammed it on the table that we were sitting at. I mean seriously, this girl was angry. In every sense of the word.
So, being me -and feeling unusually bold- I decided to loudly talk shit. Now, I am unsure if she heard me or not, but she was within no more than ten feet of me. Either she is hard of hearing, or she heard me and didn't do anything. I think that's a huge way to get an idea of someone's character; she can throw her stuff around and knock out someone's eye, but she can't use her words to defend herself. But, like I said, I don't know for sure. These are just thoughts.
I ended up agreeing to a game of pool  -which meant making an idiot of myself in front of everyone, but I was okay with it. Long story short, I lost. Pool is not my calling and I'm fine with that, considering the fact that being good at pool wouldn't affect my life in any way.
Eventually, Post Society played their show, and it was awesome -as usual. I really do like them, I'm not just saying that because it's Ethan's band. They are extremely good, especially live. I'm not a fan of their recordings, though.
When the band after them started playing, I realized, 'I'm at my first real punk show!' I can't remember their name but they were so awesome! It wasn't so much their music as it was their stage performance. They were pouring beer in the crowd, the crowd was throwing beer cans at them, there was a mosh pit for a little while, Ian (the drum of Post Society) was thrown onto and off of stage, I couldn't tell ya how many times the band members said 'fuck', and one of the guitarists was dressed in this costume that reminded me of Yo Gabba Gabba. I loved it so much. I'll be honest, I am not a fan of going to shows and being all crazy  -I'd rather listen to live music sitting down and just chilling out. But I was absolutely in love with this. Something inside of me must have loved it too because at the end of their last song, I picked up a beer can off of the ground and threw it at the stage. I think it hit the guitarist, whom I realized shortly afterwards, was mooning the entire crowd... That, I didn't like. All in all, I had a really good time. I should get out more.

The guitarist would have fit in perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment